Friday, January 30, 2009

Thoughts, Randomness, More Thankfulness.

This is the second post of the day, and DEFINATELY not the most important so please read below. I have known that I needed to update you all, but to be honest, I haven't had the words to share. Matt and I have so many things going on right now and we have just felt like we shouldn't burden anyone else with the fears and tears, and then those thoughts of selfishness are reinforced when I think of that sweet baby girl Tuesday. What an emotional wreck I am and in the whole sceam of things, probably have no true reason to be.



Matt got a good report on Tuesday when he went in for his "week after operation" doctor's appointment. His arm is healing well and his therapy has begun...



Matt needs prayers. He is struggling so badly with the possibilities this therapy may create, or take away. He has fears of the future and what may or may not still be an intrical part of his life. He is in such pain. Emotionally and physically. He feels like a failure because he can't work and provide for his family like the man is thought to do. I've never seen him at such a low part in his life and it brings me to tears on a daily basis.



I need prayers. I need to be a strong wife and companion for him now. I am trying so hard, but I feel like I am failing him everytime I cry. I don't do it in front of him, but does he see it anyway? Can he feel it in my heart when he craves to just simply cuddle and that simple task, one of our favorite pasttimes, is so much harder than it has ever been? I know this is so much harder for him than me but yet I feel as though its just too much for me.



More Thankfulness. How do you thank people that are so incredibly special you can't even begin to show them how thankful you are for them? How do you tell them their late night "Spontaneous Pick Matt's Spirits Up Nights" are what you live for now and it's all because of them? How do you tell them their weeky meal nights have been what is keepig you going? How do you tell them that their totally unending friendship is what you have needed for so long to feel complete and whole? How do you just simply say Thank You and KNOW, to the deepest parts of your soul, that they completely know how thankful you are for them? I don't know that I ever will be able to just simply say Thank You and KNOW, but I am sure going to try. Thank your Chris, Tiffany, Kevin, and Alecia. We love ya'll more than words can say and want you to hear Thank You.



I would never want to leave our families out either, so please know we are oh so thankful for them as well. God knew what families we needed in our lives, and man did he bless us beyond belief. Thank Ya'll and we love you more than words can say.



The tears must stop. My wonderful hubby is calling. I am so blessed and I MUST Thank my God now. It's after the school day, and my other life now begins. I must now put back on the strong face and hide my own fears and tears and head home to Matt. Please pray for us. Please pray for him. We love you all, Katie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. We'll keep you in our prayers. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

Nancy Hood said...

been there, done this :( and no, it isn't easy. Johnny had some medical issues in '95 and for a good six months I was the healthy, hardy one for both of us. And it's hard. I know well what you are dealing with. Then, in '06 situation was reversed and he was the strong one for me, for about a year and a half!
When we repeat 'for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health' we truly don't know the testing this can bring. Be strong, be you, and don't be afraid to ask for support.
tight, tight hug,
Miss Nancy

Kristen said...

Katie,

We love yall and are praying for yall. I hate that yall are having to go through this...but keep trusting in God - things are going to get better! If yall need anything - anything at all - just let us know. I am looking forward to this weekend! Tell Matt thanks for organizing everything!