Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let's take TWO!

Follow along as we Take Two on Matthew's elbow surgeries...
So, Matthew's second elbow surgery was on Thursday. We got there at 10:30 a.m. and he finally went back to surgery at 2:00 and was over by 4:00. They had to put one screw in his broken radial head, checked on the first pin and said it was healing perfect, do a bone grapht of his elbow, and remove all the scar tissue from the first surgery so new and improved scar tissue will grow again. They also went on and straightened his elbow out so when he starts Physical Therapy again, on Monday may I add, maybe his arm won't be as stiff as it was after the first surgery. It has been a very long road to get to this point, but Dr. Clancy has assured us Matthew will not have anymore problems nor will there be any other surgeries. Since Dr. C was able to do the screw, Matt will not have to have an artificial radial head put in either. It is so awesome to know that in three months our lives should be back to normal! Matthew will be working out again, working, and get back to his old self!
Thank you all so much for the many prayers and thoughts ya'll have sent our way. They have been felt and very much appreciated! We love each and everyone of you all and are so thankful for you!
Many people have asked about our past Monday which will forever go down in History as one of the worst Mondays in the world, so I guess I need to post about it. I was avoiding it because sometimes I feel like a negative nancy on this thing and don't want you guys to think of me like that. It's just one of those tough times in our lives that we are growing so incredibly much from! So, I'll try to fight the painful memories and post about Monday as soon as I can. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

now I take issue with the 'negative nancy' bit, we aren't negative at all! how about 'negative norah'? I like that better! ha ha

Sonya said...

Please know that you and Matt are both in my thought and prayers!