Friday, July 25, 2008

What a Week...

So I know I have a ton of things to catch up on, but right now I need you all to forgive my shortcomings when you think of all the posts I have failed to write, and begin praying for us. Matt and I have just finished one of our ABSOLUTE WORST WEEKS EVER!!! Not because we are having any marital problems, but because he has began having VERY SEVERE panic attacks again! Most of you know that during the last school year Matt was very sick and had many medical appointments and tests. All the tests were normal which lead the doctors to believe that he was having anxiety attacks. This was very hard for me to believe since my husband is NEVER anxious about anything and I drive him crazy when I am, but none the less, the doc put him on medicine to help control the attacks. Apparently they were right about the attacks (I guess that's why we pay them the big bucks) and all has been fabulous and we were able to enjoy much of the last few months. Well, about two months ago, Matt decided he didn't need the meds, he has ALWAYS been weird about meds, he HATES to take them!!! So, those of you who know how medicines work, they come out of your system good in about two months and guess what this week is! Wow, these attacks have hit him HARD!!! They started a little on Sunday afternoon but the major kicker that started this whole week off was when we went to the movies Monday night to see the new batman movie and with thirty minutes left in the show, we had to leave! The attack was so bad we didn't get to sleep til about 2 am and that is only because I forced him to take some medicine to knock him out. To make a long story short, the attacks have continued pretty much NONSTOP through out the week and he is unable to take his medicine everytime, so alot of the time he just has to deal with these awful feelings. Needless to say, he is scared, hurting, exhausted, etc. Since he is all of these things, I am naturally also scared, hurting, EXHAUSTED, etc. Not to mention he hasn't been able to work alot this week, which doesn't help our other stressors, and I have one week before school starts and desperately need to be working as well but he won't let me leave him with fear he will have another attack and something bad happen. And then, we aren't getting hardly any sleep because his worst attacks are at night which leads to: he fights his body to not take the medicine, he takes the medicine and knocks himself out, and I continue to lie awake for hours checking on him every five minutes because he has working himself up so bad that I am scared to death, and we begin the next day NEEDING SLEEP!! Anyway, EVERY SINGLE DAY has been like this during this lovely week, so we are asking for some major prayers from the prayer warriors out there!!! Please pray that his maintenance medicines will kick back in soon so the attacks will stop and that he can learn to control these feelings when an attack happens. Also, that I can continue to be strong for him and that both of us can survive this exhaustion we are feeling. We need prayers so badly and we hope you all will say a little prayer everytime you think about us! Thank you all so much for letting me have an outlet that I can share my life, you all are the greatest!!!

*Side note, I owe my mom a Happy Birthday post and I hope to get to that soon! Wow, I have alot to do...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that y'all are having to deal with this. You both are in my prayers.

Tambo said...

Hey Katie,

It is your friend Tammy English in Troy do you remember me? Long time to contact and I have missed talking to you. We will be praying for you and matt. If you need anything please feel free to call me I miss all the talks we use to have. I would love to get with you sometimes for a lunch or dinner date and catch up. Tell everyone we said hello and I am glad I found your blog so maybe I can keep up with you. I have one http://englishfamilyblog.blogspot.com/ so check me out. Please let me hear from you more.

Love,
Tammy E.

Trey and Stephanie said...

Hey girl, I am so sorry about matt. I was thinking of his condition the other day and meant to ask tony and things just got crazy around here. I will pray for you guys that it all works out soon. Hope you both get some sleep. take care!

Nancy Hood said...

Okay, so this young man hasn't called me :) Get him back to Greg ;) there is nothing to be embarassed about! I should know :)

Nancy Hood said...

I'm missing your blogs, Katiebug :)

Kristen said...

I'm missing your blogs too!