Friday, July 11, 2008

Wind Damage...Going once, going twice, gone...

...to 1210 Kingston Garden Road!!!

Well everyone, I know I haven't posted in a while, with vaction and school work standing between me and my beloved blogging world, so I promise I will be posting very soon, but I thought I would write a quick post to let you all know a little tid bit of my life as of tonight. As those of you who live in Prattville may know, we had some pretty string storms come through around 6:00 p.m. tonight. Well, by about 6:30, Matt and I had a pine tree from our neighbor's yard fall across our power line into our front yard, and one of our pine trees in the backyard fall across our fence into the neighbor's yard. Then we watched and PRAYED, as another tree, which belongs to the Powell's who own the land behind our house, began swaying towards our dining room. Let me add at this point, I believe that tree we watched swaying and leaning towards our home, is about 60 feet tall and would have been heading straight towards us!!! Thankfully, God told that tree to stay put and it didn't fall! whew!!!! So, to make a long story short, for the meantime, our house looks like a disaster area with trees and limbs laying EVERYWHERE and we will be cutting up trees, fixing fences, HOPEFULLY getting power back, and hauling off debri tomorrow, so please be thinking about us while you enjoy your Saturdays!!!

I will be back with pics, funny stories about our fabulous Alabama Power Company (this was said with pure sarcasum), and the latest info on our newest spur-of-the-moment home improvment! Also look forward to hearing about what has been going on with us since our last post in June... there's ALOT to tell :)


***Oh yeah, for those of you who may be worried about our baby girls who spend their days in our backyard that now has a ginormous pine tree lying across it, they are fine!!! Thankfully, we had put them up in their crates when it first started raining and I know God had his hand in that because Natasha specifically, would not be here right now! The tree landed where she always takes her naps!!! :0

***Oh, and if you need us, call our cells because we are without power, for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG because they cut our power lines, and we are staying at Allen and Lynne's!! Sorry, got lots of rambling thoughts going on. Who can blame me right? hehe

2 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Bless your heart!! I'm at Jen's watching the boys and trying to catch up a bit. Can't read everyone's but after seeing Lynn I was hoping to see an update here. And there is! I'm way behind on reading posts :/ Hopefully, our laptops will arrive soon and I'll be back online again :) much love and prayers to you and Matt!!

Trey and Stephanie said...

Well i guess you have had quite a bit going on. Looks like you guys had a great vaca though. I loved all the pics. Glad you guys are all ok and not too much damage! Take care..