Friday, June 20, 2008

Griffies Gazette

** Another post was done below this one and it is the "special one," so be sure to check it out too!!!

So, as many of you have noticed and wondered, I haven't been able to be on here quite as much as I used to. That is because, I am smack dab in the middle of AMSTI training for school. It has been ALL of this week, and ALL of next week!!! and WOW am I tired!!! After not doing anything but blogging for 2 weeks ;), it is hard to get back in the swing of things.

Anywho, I'm going to try to go down the list of recent news to catch you all up on our life full of grins and giggles, so here they are....

1. I was in charge of Crafts at VBS and that was June 8-11. Had fun and ALOT of help!! Thanks to all my friends who were helpers!!!

2. My boo's job has changed, can I say, AGAIN!!!! He is now back at the commisary until 3:00 everyday (which he hates ALOT) and then goes to Gold's Gym until ? (which he only hates a LITTLE)! So, please continue to pray for him that he will have a professional door open for him soon!

3. AMSTI training, as I've previously stated, is this week and next. It is fun, but ALOT to take in which leaves me many days exhausted and with a headache. Along those same lines, we have to have LCD projectors for each of our classrooms to make these new leassons understandable, so I am calling business after business trying to get one donated, so if you know people, please help me out!!!

4. On Wednesday, I noticed there was a puddle of water under the cabinet where my saltwater aquarium is. After investigating, I found my 12 gallon nano was leaking. My thoughts, FABULOUS (but VERRRRRY sarcastically)!!! So yesterday, after my training, I was going nonstop until 10:30 p.m. getting stuff that I would need to transfer my creatures and fix my tank. Once creatures had been moved, I began looking for the leak so that I could seal it, and wouldn't you know, IT WOULDN'T LEAK!!! I kept putting H2O in their and NOTHING!!! So, after frustration set in, I went to sleep and decided I would just seal the whole thing tomorrow. I left the tank outside to dry because I couldn't seal it if the tank was wet, and wouldn't you know I found the leak today! In fact, it turned out to be a tiny crack at the bottom (which could have been fixed) but in our beautiful sunshine, that tiny crack ran ALL THE WAY UP THE SIDE!!! Needless to say, the tank can now, NOT be fixed!!! So, I'm in the process of getting a new tank before my sea babies die! :( This is a task because saltwater tanks are EXPENSIVE when you have corals, and guess what, I HAVE CORALS!!! Yet another lovely thing the devil is throwing at us while we're down, but it's going to be ok!!!

5. Lastly, and the most fun, I have been playing with my camera and decided I would try some things out on Sebastian in a little photo shoot. That was interesting enough in itself, but just about all of them turned out REALLY good! I love creative stuff and have always been intrigued by photographers, and maybe, after these pics, I'm turning out to be one myself!!! What do you think?


These are a few of my faves...




Remeber to read my other post, dated june 15, and then leave me some comments :)

5 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Don't you just hate the added stuff teachers are subjected to, and not paid for :) Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and hanging in there~I've missed you, girlfriend.

Lynne Griffies said...

Great pics of Sebastian! I especially love the second one. Very good composition. I think you are really turning out to be a very good photographer. Keep having fun with it. Love you daughter.

Tony and Susan said...

anybody that says teachers only work 9 1/2 months are crazy! last summer i had 3 weeks worth of classes/trainings and this summer i have a class and another training. hope you get to relax soon!!

Trey and Stephanie said...

hey girl, I think I feel like you this week and I dont even have a fish tank! :) I know how it can get so busy you forget to eat. that was me tonight and now its too late! Hopefully things will slow down soon. We missed yall at camp! It was really great though. I love being there with Trey. Maybe things will settle enough by next year and yall can come back. You guys be good!

Leslie said...

Hey! Been a long time. Every time we come down you're gone!!! We're coming down in 2 weeks to my parents for Nathan's party. Ya'll should come up and see us for the day! Or you are more than welcome to come up here for the weekend or a week and stay with us! :)