Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heather's Bachelorette Party

Well, as I've said before, I headed down to Panama City Beach (PCB) on Saturday and returned on Sunday for a bachelorette party for Heather. Her wedding is June 14, so this was her last time to have some good wholesome girl-time fun before the lovely "I Do's." Her maid of honor, Courtney, did an awesome job putting this together and it really turned out to be a blast. So, let me take you through my trip from start to finish...

I left Prattville at 11:30 and completed my trip, in front of the condo, @ 4:00 p.m. At this time you ask yourself, why did it take so long for Katie to get there? Well, your answer is PCB has WAY TOO MANY BEACH ROADS!!! I've never seen such chaos-front beach road, middle beach road, back beach road, etc. It's insanity!!! So, needless to say, I got a little lost and had to depend on one of the girls, Abby, to get me there. Finally, once I arrived, got off my sore marshmellow (that's what my students and I call our bottoms), POTTIED (whew, can I get a RELIEF!), and changed into my swimmin' suit, we layed out on the beautiful beach.
Around 5:30ish, we headed back up to the condo to get ready for supper and our activities! After a couple of hours with hairspray, make-up, and we all had our turn at the infamous straightener, we had our final products...

Meet the bridesmaids and their bride...
Abby, Courtney, Bride: Heather, Katie, Kelly, Me
*4 bridesmaids were unable to join our fun this weekend :(

So after taking some pics and decorating Heather in her blinking crown and sash (seen above), we headed to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville where we recieved some of the funniest quotes of the night, the best one being, "Don't do it, you're too young!" We laughed and cut-up as poor Heather was stared @ for the entire evening. Once we were seated, a man on stilts came and created Abby and Katie some lovely balloon hats, and as he stated, "This is a bachelorette party without any entertainment? I'll be your entertainment," he proceeded to do a little dance which was truly hilarious considering he was 12 feet in the air!

Sorry, I didn't get a pic of the dance, but this shows how high he was...



Abby and her parrot hat...


Katie and her hat of a set of lips with a tongue sticking out...

R.I.P. Katie's hat... although a nice hat, it did not make it through the dinner time due to Katie's abilities to make each little section pop without even meaning too.


After the mile high entertainment, we swallowed our meals whole because it was 9:30 and we were STARVING! I think most of us had the infamous "Cheeseburgers in Paradise." They were ok, but they had some serious spices on them, so if you like that kind of thing, you need to try it out the next time you head to Margaritaville. Once the meal was over, we went out for a little while so that Heather could complete her "Bridal Scavenger Hunt." This was definately an interesting part of the night where we were able to meet the young, the VERY old, the, can I say in a nice way, grose, and unusual people of PCB. But, we are all aware that somethings at a bachelorette party are not to be repeated for Heather's sake, so we will just move on from there...
We then went back to the condo where Heather was presented with a dessert that portryed her future, but yet again, something we have to keep a secrect (I'm zipping my lips)!


This is the face of delight we received with her cake...


After a little bit more time, we headed to bed and the rest of the trip slowly came to an end as I slept, woke up, and headed home around 10:30 a.m. At this time, you recap the trip down and think, "So did she make it back without getting lost?" The answer... YES!!! And the funny thing is, Abby and the girls sent me back using back roads and I did better with that than HWY 231 the entire trip down. I guess that's the country girl in me!! Well, we had an awesome trip and I am so glad I was able to be there for Heather. Now, the stress begins where we wait for June 14, the wedding day, try to fit in our dresses, and... wait a minute, we still don't have our dresses do we? YIKES!!!

(pray they will come in soon because chunky buns here is going to have to have alterations I'm sure)



Anyway, let me breathe a sec...ok, panic attack is gone... Thanks for an awesome time Heather and you are truly a great friend and I look forward to your beautiful wedding!!! I love you girl!!!

Myself and Heather

*FYI for those of you who don't know, Heather was also in my wedding so it's really special to also be in her's!

1 comment:

Tony and Susan said...

is that the free credit report guy? glad you had fun! the pcb area must be some kind of bermuda triangle for the griffies girls!