Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Prayer Answered...

So, this is the second post for the day, and not the one I was talking about at the end of the first one, so be sure to read down below this one for the first post of the day and still look for the special post that will be coming up soon, probably tomorrow! Hope you're not too confused ;)


Anyway, many of you know the awful stress my husband and I have been going through with his new job, so this morning, I went to begin my day as always for the past few months, what I thought would be another sad, depress filled day, and went to read my emails hoping that I had received some pictures I am waiting for. I hate checking emails so I don't do it often, but I guess God planned it just right so that I would be looking for those pics and happen to read the others sent to me as well. I had seen yesterday that Lynne had sent me this email, again I was checking for those pics, but I was so busy yesterday that I just waited to read it, yet agian, God had his hand in all this knowing that I apparently needed to read it another day! So, as you might have guessed, I read that email from Lynne today. I don't know if it is the stress I'm under that made this email so touching, the struggles I have been having thinking my prayers were not being answered, or the thought that I have let the devil control my life these past few months with such stress and worry, but whatever it was, God, through the hands of my wonderful mother-in-law (I owe her so much right now), has touched my life today and told me to "let go!" He knows my needs, fears, and worries so much better than I and He HAS and IS answering so many prayers for me and I just needed a wake-up call to see them so clearly. It's ironic to me that I have always tried to live by the saying, "It's the little things," but with this, I have missed so many "Little Things" that God was trying so hard to show me. I have missed Him so many times lately, and I don't want to miss Him anymore!!! I'm not going to let the devil hold me back for even one more second of another day because I have wasted sooooooo many the past few months and I know that GOD is so diappointed in me. That breaks my heart to hurt my heavenly father and I'm NOT going to anymore!!! I WILL NOT miss another "little thing" and my new prayer will now be for more "little things!"


Well everyone, I have got to stop crying before I make myself sick, so I am going to copy that special email for you now, and I hope it brings as much to you as it has to me today. Please know that if you are worrying about something just as I have been doing lately, that GOD is here and right in the middle of so many "Little Things," and that all we need to do is now look for them! If you feel comfortable, and need to share a worry you have been carrying, with all the people that love you most, please feel free to leave a prayer request under the comments because we have ALOT of prayer-warriors out there that would love to pray for you, and I ask that you pray for me to continue on this new path I have started today!!! I love you all and I hope you will see HIM alot today! Please enjoy the email...

Resist Discouragement by Rick Warren

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, “He who is coming will come and will not delay.” Hebrews 10:36-37 (NIV) *** *** *** ***

If you’re discouraged because of God’s delay in answering your prayers, understand the delay is NOT a denial. Just because the answer or the miracle hasn’t come – yet – that doesn’t mean God isn’t going to answer, or that he’s forgotten you, or that he doesn’t care about you.

It simply means “not yet!”

Spiritual maturity is knowing the difference between “No” and “Not yet,” between a denial and a delay. The Bible tells us, “He who is coming will come and will not delay” (Hebrews 10:37 NIV). The delay may be a test of your patience.

Anybody can be patient once. And, anybody can be patient twice. And, just about anybody can be patient three times. So God tests you patience over and over and over.

Why? To see how patient you are? No, he does it to show you how patient you are. So you’ll know what’s inside of you, and you’ll be able to know your level of commitment.

God tests you so that you can know he is faithful, even if the answers you seek are delayed. If you’re discouraged, turn it around by remembering God teaches you patience during delay. Ask him to transform your discouragement into patience.

You may be going through difficult times right now and feel like dropping off the planet. You’re discouraged because the situation you face seems unmanageable, unreasonable, or unfair. It may seem unbearable and inside you’re basically saying, “God, I can’t take it anymore. I just can’t take it anymore!”

But you can. You can stay with it longer because God is with you. He’ll enable you to press on.

Remember, you are never a failure until you quit.

Don’t quit. Resist discouragement and finish the race God has set before you.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this! I know for me, I just wish that I could see what God sees ~ just to know what's coming up ahead. But, I just need to learn to rest in His arms and be content that He knows what's up ahead and that's all that matters. Love you girl ~

Lynne Griffies said...

I knew as soon as I read that article by Rick Warren that I had to send it on to you and Matt. It said so much of what you both needed to hear and take to heart. Always remember that God is in control and he takes such good care of us. I have no doubt that all is going to work out really well for you both. And I am always going to be here for you whenever you need anything. I love you, my daughter, more than I could ever tell you.
With lots and lots of hugs,
Your other mother

Haley said...

I knew when we talked on Monday (at church and you began to cry) that things were not getting better. I have prayed many times over for you and matt and I wanted so badly to talk to you yesterday but something kept telling me to wait adn to just enjoy our beautiful day together. So im glad that I didnt and that we had a great day and that you read that email today. I hope everything goes up from here but you know i will always be here and that i care for you! No matter what stress I have i always have time to cry and laugh with you! When we have one of "our serious talks" i always pray afterwards. Whether its for matt and what he is doing for the group or that you and matt will have more time together. I LOVE YOU!

Trey and Stephanie said...

I know that feeling that you cant seem to get back where you want to be. Somehow it comes back. God shows us the way back. I also wanted to tell you that I love that song on your page. It is the one from my myspace page. I want that played one day when I die..the over the rainbow one..hope you are feeling great now!

Nancy Hood said...

Our time is rarely His time :) and if we could only see the whole picture, we would be so thankful that we don't get what we want when we want it. Try to relax, let go, let Him work things out, and you take care of yourself and Matthew :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! I somehow stumbled onto your blog, and it just blessed my heart. I hope all is well with you!! Check out Kyle's and my blog if you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I just stumbled onto your blog, but I just wanted to let you know that it blessed my heart. I hope all is well in Prattville and with teaching. If you ever get a chance, check out Kyle's and my blog. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Well, since I don't do phone calls and you don't do email... I thought I'd finally found a great way to keep track of you. However, I see that you have not written the first thing on your blog since the wedding. I was anxious to hear all of the wonderful things you had to say about me ;) Anyway, I'm glad I got to see you. Hopefully we'll get together again before December. Enjoy your weeks at AMSTI. Love ya! ~Lori

Nancy Hood said...

I'm missing you KatieBug~