Sunday, June 15, 2008

"I'm sorry baby, I tried..."

...Those were the words of my father as he walked me down the aisle on May 20, 2006. I had told him for months that he couldn't cry on my wedding day because I knew I would lose it, but there were the words, followed by the tears, so sweet and tender from my daddy.

This is one of the many memories I have with my daddy. Everytime I am with him, I just soak up the moments because they are so precious in my heart. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father on this earth and I believe God knew exactly who I needed as a father to follow after, learn from, pray with, and most importantly, love unconditionally. My daddy is truly one of my best friends and I am so thankful for him!

As his Father's Day present, I had the honor of taking my daddy to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and watching Scot Bruces' Elvis Tribute; His Early Years. We enjoyed our time together so much!!! We laughed, clapped, sang, and at one point, we even enjoyed a dance with one another!!! It was a spectacular evening together and we decided at the end, we should make this a yearly event. I will be looking forward to next year's special time with my dad and to another memory I will store in my heart, just as I have done with this Father's Day!! I Love You Daddy!!!

* I had hoped to receive the pictures from that night at the ASF so that I could share them with you all, but they still have not been sent to me and I figured I shouldn't wait much longer on them considering this post is already a week late! ;)

5 comments:

Lynne Griffies said...

What a sweet tribute to your daddy and what a sweet pic of the two of you. Glad y'all had such a fun time at ASF.

Nancy Hood said...

aawww, how sweet! Jenny took me to the one at ASF with Patsy Cline and it still brings such memories flooding back of the time we shared together~

Unknown said...

What a sweet post!

Brandon and I saw Elvis at Shakespeare several years ago and it was so much fun!

Tony and Susan said...

what a cool daddy date!

Trey and Stephanie said...

Wow! I love those moments too. Glad you got to enjoy a great night with your dad!